Do you dream of having a carefree wedding day where you don’t have to worry about anything but having fun? It’s possible! At least, more possible than you might think! Planning beforehand is key. So is having realistic expectations from the beginning.
These tips can change your entire outlook from stressed to blessed on the day you marry your beloved.
- Realize that you are not in control. No one is, fully, ever. Even if you’ve planned everything to a millisecond and down to the penny, chances are something is going to come out of the blue and upset one of your carefully strategized ideas. So, relax. You’ve done the very best you can to make your day as perfect as it can be. Remember that only God can achieve perfection, though. You can come close, but every single detail is probably not going to exactly what you want it. Allow for some “oh, well” moments when little things might slide. That way you give yourself and others grace for the inevitable “imperfections” that will occur.
- Weather is unpredictable. Depending on what the weather forecaster predicts, this is another imperfection that might come up on your big day. Is it really bad luck to marry on a rainy day, though? We don’t think so! Neither should you. Superstitions and impossible to ensure traditions can be ignored. Rain or shine, you will have a beautiful ceremony if you make contingency plans for any conditions!
- You can’t do all of this alone. Recruit people you trust along the way, whether they’re professionals or friends. Delegate responsibilities as you plan. Table decorations, bags of birdseed to throw as you and your partner leave, gift storage, choosing cakes and menus, and other tasks can be easily handled by or with others. Don’t overwhelm yourself when others are happy to help. Also, it’s a good idea to hire a wedding coordinator for at least the day of your ceremony. That person can handle the stressful things that are bound to occur, leaving you carefree on the dancefloor showing off your moves. Don’t work at your own wedding. Hire someone else to do that well for you. This persons tasks could include everything from gathering people together for photographs to paying vendors, handling problems, and anything else you need.
- Be sure you know how to wear your dress the proper way. It might sound absurd, but if you have a train or another sort of “trick” up your gown, it’s important for you and your attendants to know how to bustle it for transportation. Practice before your wedding day to ensure no one is stressed out and your dress remains pristine. You don’t want to step on your train during the ceremony, either, so be sure your attendants help you.
- Keep your eyes on the prize. In the end, the goal of your ceremony is to begin a lifelong partnership with your spouse in the best possible way, even if the day is imperfect. Sickness, a faulty candle holder, miscues for attendants, and other ceremony flaws won’t matter in the long run. Let go of perfectionism and embrace the joys of real life, come what may, even if it’s a broken zipper. Your day will be beautiful no matter what! And lulus.com can help you look beautiful before, during, and after your wedding. Find a lulus coupon on Groupon Coupons today!